Friday, August 29, 2008

Has it been 6 months yet???


Well okay, I guess I will update our blog, but the only thing is that nothing fun or exciting is going on in our life!!! I'm still in McCall doing the map and Steve is in Weiser busy with harvest.  I guess that something is happening in the "onion world"  a bunch a farmers got caught using illegal chemicals again, some of the same ones that got caught last time.  I guess some farmers just aren't to bright!

As for me in the "map world"  Chris Lott and I took off yesterday and went up to the BIG town if Warren to see is the local restaurant/bar/library/gas station/community center wanted to be on the map.  We got there around 10:30 am and there was not a soul in sight.  We went to the Forest Station where an "open" sign was out and it was locked up!  Chris said she felt like she was in a horror movie where all the residences of the town have been abducted by aliens!  It was pretty creepy.  We walked down to the "Winter Inn" and walked in.  There sat "Butch and Margaret" (2 of the 9 town folks....we met 2 more, Lucy and some other guy later in the day... only 5 more people to go and we know the whole town!)  We talked and they smoked.  We ordered one of Margaret's world famous hamburgers (it was pretty good actually) and after we sold them on the map (yeah)  we went up a very steep trail to see the Cemetery.  No joke the hill on some parts were so steep you were on your hands and knees.  I told Chris that this was just a town joke.  They (the 9 residences) would point to the trail on the mountain and tell the tourist that there was an old cemetery just to watch them climb the hill and laugh at them!  I kept saying "There is no way a Cemetery is up here, how do they get the bodies up here in a coffin?"   After 30 minutes of a very steep climb, low and behold there were all these old grave stones.  Some were wood and all the writing was worn off, some were old stone.  There were old wooden fences around the graves.  It was so cool. I wish I had my camera with me.  Then the higher we got, the more recent the dates were.  There was one tombstone that was a bench that the deceased invited you to sit and listen to the birds and to look down on the town that she loved.  She even invited you have a drink with her and there was a bottle blackberry brandy underneath her bench! 
The whole thing was such a trip!  So here is a picture of my latest business that is on the map!
 

No comments: