Friday, November 23, 2007

The start of a new tradition.

We are keeping up with our new Thanksgiving tradition for the second year in a row...with our annual trap shooting on the hill.  First we went to Erhards for dinner-with 1o layer jello and all! (eat your heart out Paige, Justin & Beau)
Then after dinner came home and hiked the hill (with the 4-wheelers) and shot through 6 boxes of shot gun shells and 2 boxes of 38 specials. Grandpa Walker came with us and he brought his "sweet" 22 pistol. Katelyn got in to shooting the 22, but she wasn't to hip on the shot gun. But DJ humbled us all. He shot 34 out of 4o. He couldn't miss. So then he got cocky and tried shooting the shotgun from the hip. Thank goodness he missed. Grandpa out shot us all on the revolver. He's still a good shot. I also found out that my "lady smith's" site is way off. Even Grandpa couldn't hit anything with my 357!!!! So it is not me!!!!!

       




5 comments:

Julie said...

Hey--that looks like fun. That is almost what we did-- we ALMOST got a box of clay pigeons and went to the range 3 miles behind our house. Oh, well- next year. (It's RICH's fault, not MINE!)

You are brave to get up that early to go shopping. I never see anything I like-- sleep is so precious to me right now!!!!! I am disappointed that you don't have any crazy shopping stories.

Jangs said...

What fun! I didn't bother to do any shopping. So I don't plan on getting any deals for Christmas. I have also made the Condo association people mad because I didn't put up icicle lights and they are LED lights. Three of the old couples on the street have chewed me out. That's ok....I think I'll move HEH HEEH HEH

Emily said...

Katelyn kind of looks like a serial killer in those pictures.
I wish you would take us shooting I'm dying to shot something. Love Emily Walker

SP said...

Sexy Shooters. That's all I gotta say.

Paige said...

ENOUGH already post something else!!!!