Friday, February 8, 2008

WINTER WONDERLAND? MORE LIKE WONDER WHERE THE LAND IS!


THESE PICTURES ARE FOR ALL YOU WHO THINK YOU HAVE A LOT OF SNOW.





I was up to the cabin for a few days this week and for one of the days I had no power for about 8 hours! So the cabin just got colder and colder as the morning wore on. I had to keep the fire roaring to keep the chill off the cabin. But it finally came back on around 1 o'clock.

These are pictures of the buried bunk house. If you look really close you can see the corner of the bunkhouse.








The World Cup Masters Tournament ( AKA- X-country skiing for old farts from around the world) starts on Feb 28th and runs through March 8th. FYI my map is the "official" map for the contest--Wow huh? Not really- the organizers of the race needed a map of the town to help the "Euros" navigate Mc Call and... well beings my map was free....ahh no brainer! But it is pretty cool that I get to say that my map in the "official" map for the race!
So if you come up any time soon to see us, just expect to have your picture taken, standing on a street corner, with a map out in front of you with a confused look on your face. I'm making a portfolio (I'm a business woman now so I can use that word!) of tourist using the map to show all my "future" advertisers. I will also expect you to go into the businesses that are not on the map and ask them to show you where you are! In return we will give you a roof over head (providing it will last the winter) a few food meals and good company! Deal??

8 comments:

Paige said...

That's not even a lot of snow! you should see all the snow we have in seattle. There was about 1/2 inch the other day and they about shut down the whole town. All schools were cancelled lots of other places were closed.
And are we going to have to wait another three months for the next post.

Jared Stubbs said...

Wow! Mary Ann, I have tried to call you about how we are moving to Boise. I start work on the 29th of February. That is alot of snow...more than we have had in Burley.

Jared Stubbs said...

We may take you up on that working for you deal for a free meal.

Julie said...

I'm in on the deal. I am practicing a really confused look right now....I think I will do great. And, um, ya-- I am glad you FINALLY posted again!!!

dkwalkerfam said...

Yea paige... we are going to have to wait another 3 months for the next post...almost as long as you and Devan take to do your posts..

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

dkwalkerfam said...

Hey, computador.. we dont know you so dont post on this blog. Mom, how about some updateage...

Emily said...

May 7th 2010....... Still no update on Mary Ann and Steve's blog. One starts to worried if they have forgotten how to use a computer.... oh wait! Steve never did know